|Notes||Contact College of Professional Studies to reserve x4608
The College of Professional Studies is committed to the development of faculty and students who are equipped with the skills necessary to engage their students and promote high academic achievement through the use of technology. These skills will be facilitated through the development of the Center for Collaborative and Interactive Technologies (CCIT), which provides a space for learning and utilizing current interactive technology.
The CCIT is housed within the College of Professional Studies and provides a variety of services including:
· Provision of a facility which allows students, faculty, and staff to access interactive technology during open lab hours and for scheduled classes, meetings, and trainings
· Coordination of a “Tech Select” Initiative with a group of 11 “Tech Select” faculty mentors (three from the School of Education and one from the other departments within the college)
· Assistance with infusion of technology outcomes and outreach within “Tech Select” courses
· Administration of ongoing needs assessment, observation of teaching, and review of syllabi to determine infusion needs and implementation
· Development of Webinars on teaching strategies for training for teachers throughout the state and faculty within the college
· Provision of workshops in educational technology (for example: utilization of websites, Moodle/D2L, tablets, Interactive whiteboards, software, social media, cloud based technology and applications) for teachers and faculty
· Facilitation of remote observation of area teachers as they teach for pre-service training
· Design of Teaching and Learning Podcasts for faculty
· Facilitation of TelePresence and Blackboard collaborate for distance education courses, workshops, and student teacher supervision
· Utilization of lecture capture within multiple programs in the college for outreach and marketing.